The Resource "They say/I say" : the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings
- "They say/I say" : the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings
- Title remainder
- the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings
- Statement of responsibility
- Gerald Graff, Cathy Birkenstein, Russel Durst
- Overview: They Say / I Say demystifies academic writing by identifying its key rhetorical moves, the most important of which is to summarize what others have said ("they say") to set up one's own argument ("I say"). The book also provides templates to help students make these key moves in their own writing. This version includes readings that demonstrate those moves-and provide stimulating conversations for them to enter. The Second Edition includes an anthology of 44 readings that will provoke students to think-and write-about five important issues, including two new ones: Is Higher Education Worth the Price? and Why Does It Matter Who Wins the Big Game?
- Cataloging source
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of "They say/I say" : the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "They say/I say" : the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/Et7LSrsP0cE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/Et7LSrsP0cE/">"They say/I say" : the moves that matter in academic writing : with readings</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/">Cuyahoga County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Cuyahoga County Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.