$20 per gallon : how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives, Christopher SteinerThe Resource $20 per gallon : how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives, Christopher Steiner
- $20 Per Gallon
- Title remainder
- how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Steiner
- Imagine an everyday world in which the price of gasoline (and oil) continues to go up, and up, and up. Think about the immediate impact that would have on our lives.<br><br>Of course, everybody already knows how about gasoline has affected our driving habits. People can't wait to junk their gas-guzzling SUVs for a new Prius. But there are more, not-so-obvious changes on the horizon that Chris Steiner tracks brilliantly in this provocative work.<br><br>Consider the following societal changes: people who own homes in far-off suburbs will soon realize that there's no longer any market for their houses (reason: nobody wants to live too far away because it's too expensive to commute to work). Telecommuting will begin to expand rapidly. Trains will become the mode of national transportation (as it used to be) as the price of flying becomes prohibitive. Families will begin to migrate southward as the price of heating northern homes in the winter is too pricey. Cheap everyday items that are comprised of plastic will go away because of the rising price to produce them (plastic is derived from oil). And this is just the beginning of a huge and overwhelming domino effect that our way of life will undergo in the years to come.<br><br>Steiner, an engineer by training before turning to journalism, sees how this simple but constant rise in oil and gas prices will totally re-structure our lifestyle. But what may be surprising to readers is that all of these changes may not be negative - but actually will usher in some new and very promising aspects of our society. <br><br> Steiner will probe how the liberation of technology and innovation, triggered by climbing gas prices, will change our lives. The book may start as an alarmist's exercise.... but don't be misled. The future will be exhilarating.
- Media Type
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Carrier category
- online resource
- Carrier category code
- Carrier MARC source
- Content category
- Content type code
- Content type MARC source
- Control code
- First ebook edition.
- 235 pages
- Form of item
- Media category
- Media MARC source
- Media type code
- Reproduction note
- Electronic reproduction.
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of $20 per gallon : how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives, Christopher Steiner
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance $20 per gallon : how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives, Christopher Steiner
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/Iy4NBt-O0pc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/Iy4NBt-O0pc/">$20 per gallon : how the rising cost of gasoline will radically change our lives, Christopher Steiner</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org">Cuyahoga County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Cuyahoga County Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.