The Resource "Thou, dear God" : prayers that open hearts and spirits
- "Thou, dear God" : prayers that open hearts and spirits
- Title remainder
- prayers that open hearts and spirits
- Statement of responsibility
- Martin Luther King, Jr. ; foreword by the Julius R. Scruggs ; edited and introduced by Lewis V. Baldwin
- "My father believed that prayer was essential to daily living, not just in times of struggle and fear, but in times of great joy and great love as well," observes Dr. Bernice A. King. She continues: "Through my father's own prayers, we can experience God's love and wisdom in every aspect of our lives, and, just as he did, use our own prayer life to keep changing the world."
- "Thou, Dear God" reveals the soul of a man who realized that God is able to work wonders, even miracles. "If you want to know the source of his dream and his courage, understand what he lived for and why he was willing to die for it, eavesdrop on King's conversations with God," writes Rev. Dr. James Alexander Forbes, Jr., senior preacher emeritus of the Riverside Church in New York
- From prayers delivered on the heels of rousing sermons to words recorded from quiet meditations, Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, a pastor at the New Season Christian Worship Center Church in Sacramento, California, underscores that these prayers "speak to the journey and challenges of a prophetic spirit in the midst of turbulent circumstances." Book jacket
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of "Thou, dear God" : prayers that open hearts and spirits
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "Thou, dear God" : prayers that open hearts and spirits
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/UqdapdBR9y8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/resource/UqdapdBR9y8/">"Thou, dear God" : prayers that open hearts and spirits</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.cuyahogalibrary.org/">Cuyahoga County Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Cuyahoga County Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...